• WELCOME
Welcome to the Myantispyware - free site offering help and assistance on spyware, malware and adware removal. As a guest you can only browse and view the various topics in the forums, but can not create a new topic and reply to an existing topic. If you are seeking help, you will need to be a logged into the forums with a registered account. Registering is free.
Click here to Create a free account and read How to use Spyware Removal Forum

My computer Online Scan virus...

Moderator: Moderators

My computer Online Scan virus...

Postby madnuga01x » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 pm

As the title says, there's a virus that pops up a window called "My computer Online Scan" and tries to get me to download some software whenever I'm on Internet Explorer. When the "My computer Online Scan" window comes up, one noticeable word on it is Hackatak(May be misspelled). Of course I do not download the software and tried remedies. Also, when I use google and click on links, it redirects me to some other site irrelavent to what I search. I even searched some trusted sites like my school website and it still happened. I scanned my computer multiple times and found nothing of it. I've had this virus for 3 days now. I have also downloaded HijackThis and CCleaner. Please help.

edit: There have been isntances where a small window comes up and opens up an adultfriendfinder chat window as well.
Computers can get sick too. Viruses are those tiny little specs of 1s and 0s that pass through the Firewall and enter the computer!
madnuga01x

Re: My computer Online Scan virus...

Postby patrik » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Hello, welcome to the Myantispyware forum.

Looks like your computer is infected with a trojan that shows you this fake online malware scanner.
Download RSIT by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
* Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
* Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
* Once it has finished, two logs will open. If it does not automatically open, then these logs can be found at %systemdrive%\rsit folder (typically C:\rsit)

Post back with both RSIT logs. Post each log in separate post.
patrik
Site Admin

Postby madnuga01x » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:28 pm

log file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Computers can get sick too. Viruses are those tiny little specs of 1s and 0s that pass through the Firewall and enter the computer!
madnuga01x

Postby madnuga01x » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:31 pm

info log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madnuga01x

Postby patrik » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:24 am

Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (MBAM).
Run, perform Quick Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad (save the log to your desktop) and you may be prompted to Restart.

Scan your PC with RSIT again.

Post back with MBAM log + RSIT log (only log.txt).
patrik
Site Admin

Postby madnuga01x » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:25 am

Both logs you have requested. MBAM log and RSIT log
madnuga01x

Postby patrik » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

If you have previously downloaded ComboFix, please delete that version now.
Download Combofix from here. Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.If the log does not automatically open, then it can be found at %systemdrive%\combofix.txt (typically C:\combofix.txt).

If ComboFix will not run, please rename it to myapp.exe and try again!

Post back with combofix log.
patrik
Site Admin

Postby madnuga01x » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 pm

The ComboFix log you have requested.
madnuga01x

Postby patrik » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Combofix has removed a few trojans. Now log is ok.

How is your computer working now ?
patrik
Site Admin

Postby madnuga01x » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:50 pm

My computer is working fine now. Thanks for helping, I'll definitely tell my friends about this place.
madnuga01x

Postby patrik » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Glad to help you :)

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

1. Remove tools, files or folders created during this cleanup operation.
Uninstall Combofix.
Click Start > Run - type ComboFix /u
Press Ok.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore.
If you find any other files or folders created during this cleanup operation, please feel free to delete them.

2. Update your programs.
Visit Microsoft Update (update.microsoft.com). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for your operating system and IE. Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found.
Update all antivirus/antispyware programs regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

3. Many of the exploits are directed to users of Internet Explorer.
Use a different browser - Firefox or Opera.

4. Be careful when opening attachments and downloading files.

Safe surfing!
patrik
Site Admin

Return to Archived Logs