Smart fortress 2012

This forum is for removing Malware, Spyware, Adware. Post your HijackThis, DDS, RSIT, Combofix logs here.

Moderator: Moderators

Smart fortress 2012

Postby Simz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Hey,

My brother caught a nasty rogue antivirus on his computer last night and I cant seem to be able to run any programs from the USB key in safe mode, which I find quite scary, I've never seen that before. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction...Id like to post a log but I cant...even tskrmngr.exe or anything that tries to run gets automatically closed down.

Thank you,
Simz

Re: Smart fortress 2012

Postby patrik » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:12 am

Hello.

Reboot your PC in Safe mode with networking

-Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard (on a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears)
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, Windows Advanced Options menu appears
- Select Safe mode with networking and then press ENTER.

Download HijackThis from here, but before saving, in the Save dialog, rename HijackThis.exe to explorer.exe and save it to your desktop.
Run HijackThis. Click "Main Menu", then click "Do a system scan only and save a log" button.
It will scan and the log should open in Notepad.
If it does not automatically open, then the log can be found at a folder where HijackThis is located. It called HijackThis.log
Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your reply.
Also you can attach the log using Upload attachment tab in the Post a reply dialog.
patrik
Site Admin

Return to Spyware Removal